The Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) continually monitors and tracks data and information to assess how well the organization is meeting its goals and objectives. The following performance measures:
- are relevant and easy to understand;
- reflect VIHA-wide performance;
- are based on reliable data; and
- change over time to reflect current performance and priorities.
Each performance measure relates to goals and strategies outlined in the VIHA Strategic Plan as well as high-level goals the Ministry of Health establishes for the health system:
- Goal 1: Improved Health and Wellness of VIHA Residents
- Goal 2: Quality, Client-centered Care and Service
- Goal 3: A Sustainable, Affordable Public Health System
Quality and Patient Safety
Services are considered appropriate when they meet the patients', clients' and residents' needs and are proven to produce health benefits.
Ensuring patients are admitted, treated, transferred as appropriate and discharged in a safe and timely way is a priority for VIHA.
Reducing wait times is a priority for VIHA while we strive to consistently meet clinical standards in providing care.
Recruiting, supporting and retaining healthy, safe and competent staff and physicians is necessary to ensure effective, quality health care services for the people and communities we serve.
Please visit our Financial Reporting page for the latest financial reports.