The North Island Hospitals Project (NIHP) consists of the construction of two new hospitals: a new Comox Valley hospital and a new Campbell River hospital.
- Project Update: April 2013 Newsletter (PDF)
- April 22, 2012 CAMPBELL RIVER – Dates have been announced in May for North Island Hospitals Project Industry Speed Dating sessions in Campbell River and the Comox Valley. Read full news release
- April 3, 2013 CAMPBELL RIVER – With site preparation work set to get underway to make way for the new Campbell River Hospital, the Wei Wai Kum First Nation today welcomed the project that will be built in their traditional territory. Read full news release
- Project Update: March 2013 Newsletter (PDF)
- March 20, 2013 - Exciting collaboration brings new opportunities for North Island Businesses to promote their services with North Island Hospitals Project. Read full news release.
- March 8, 2013 COURTENAY - The site of the new Comox Valley Hospital is one step closer to construction-ready following a site ceremony today. Read full news release from Ministry of Health (PDF)
The overarching goal of the project is to provide modern, effective, and appropriate inpatient and outpatient services to the communities of the North Island at two new state‐of‐the‐art hospitals. This goal is supported by the following four objectives:
- Enhance North Island acute care capacity to meet growing and changing needs;
- Enhance quality of care for patients, especially elderly and Aboriginal populations;
- Improve access to services for all North Island communities; and
- Maximize staff and physician recruitment and retention potential.
Back to Top