The delivery of health care services is complex and relies on the collaboration of many. To integrate services and improve population health, we work in partnership and share responsibility with our:
- communities, and
- municipal and government organizations.
Island Health is committed to working closely with the communities it serves.
Community Health Network
Community health networks bring together people from wide-ranging backgrounds, roles and perspectives to take action on issues that impact health and well-being in their communities. For more information, please visit the Community Health Network websites listed below:
- Alberni-Clayoquot (established 2011)
- Comox Valley (under development; website not yet available)
- Cowichan (established 2009)
- Oceanside (established 2014; website not yet available)
- Mount Waddington (established 2006)
- Sooke (established 2006; formalized with Island Health 2014)
- Strathcona Region (under development)