Find out more about how the Oceanside Health Centre will support you and your family’s health care needs when it opens in June 2013. Oceanside Health Centre project staff will be on hand to answer questions about the centre and its services. Two drop-in Open Houses have been scheduled:
1. Qualicum Beach: Monday, June 4, 2-8 pm, Qualicum Beach Civic Centre: Pioneer East Room
2. Parksville: Tuesday June 5, 2-8 pm Parksville Community Centre: Red Cedars & Maple Rooms
The Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) will own and operate the new Oceanside Health Centre with services that include:
- Urgent Care: Urgent, no appointment required care, 15 hours per day, 7 days per week to treat medical conditions that need to be assessed and attended to immediately.
· Primary Care: Team of health care professions including Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Care Navigator and members of community service teams.
· VIHA community based services, telehome monitoring and visiting specialists.
· Services focusing on wellness and disease prevention.
Find out more about the Oceanside Health Centre at www.viha.ca/about_viha/building_for_health/oceanside.htm
– 30 –