Explore the various types of jobs in health care from physicians and nurses to area supply attendants to welders and power engineers and everything in between. Read our 10 Reasons to Choose a Career in Health Care (PDF).
Learn More about Careers in Health Care
- Education Planner is a publicly funded resource that allows you to compare post-secondary programs in BC. Education Planner helps learners make well-informed decisions about their education and career options.
- Ministry of Advanced Education website has important information about tuition costs at BC schools.
- Our Recruitment InfoCentre has additional information about highlighted careers and facilities.
- HealthMatch BC is a FREE healthcare recruitment service funded by the BC Government. Visit their website for information on licensure/registration, career pathways, and employment opportunities across BC.
- Career Trek BC highlights career opportunities in healthcare across British Columbia through short videos.
Health Career Directory
According to WorkBC, the five highest growing occupation groups are all in the healthcare sector. If you are choosing a career path, health care is a smart choice. Visit the HealthMatch BC Career Directory to explore health career options available to you in BC.
Aboriginal Career Information
We want our workforce to resemble the population we serve more closely. That is why Island Health’s plans for the future embody respect, understanding and recognition of Aboriginal peoples. Visit our Aboriginal Employment Program website to learn more.
The First Nations Health Authority provides the Health Careers Guidebook which is another great resource.
Learn about the opportunites available through Island Health: Volunteer Resources.