This page is provided for international applicants, but may also be of interest to Canadian applicants. Due to time zone differences, we encourage applicants to contact us and/or apply for work via email or online through our website.
SPECIAL NOTE: Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider applications from international new graduates. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience to be considered for opportunities within VIHA.
BEFORE applying for a job, please follow these directions:
STEP 1. ELIGIBILITY
To determine if you are eligible to work in Canada, visit the government websites listed on our International Resources page.
STEP 2. ASSESSMENT TO PRACTICE YOUR PROFESSION
- Have your credentials assessed by the Canadian governing body for your profession
- Receive confirmation of your eligibility to write your exam OR for a temporary registration to practice your profession in British Columbia and Canada.
Do not continue until step 1 and 2 are completed.
STEP 3. OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
You can apply to a posted position on the website.
- Posted Positions
Our Careers web page links you to all our job opportunities.
Documents Required to Apply
TIP: If you save all your completed documents in one place on your computer, it is easier to attach them to a single email or use our Apply Online form found on the job postings.
1. Copy of confirmation of your eligibility for registration.
2. References should include email addresses due to challenges
posed by time zone differences.
3. Registered Nurses - please complete and include the
appropriate skills checklist from those listed below.
Registered Nurses Skills Checklists
Spouses Looking for Employment
If you are being considered for a position and your spouse is also looking for work in either healthcare or an unrelated field, please let our staff know. They may be aware of other opportunities within VIHA or they can assist by offering tips, networking ideas or where to look for other types of work in the area.
- WorkBC - B.C.'s Online Guide to Employment Resources
Back to International Applicants Page