Getting Started with VI-Hire
VI-Hire is used to apply for jobs with Island Health. All employees now have a Island Health email address, a VI-Hire Account and be issued a password to access job postings.
Job vacancies are now posted 5 days a week, Monday to Friday and CLOSE at 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on the closing date.
Guides and Information to Help You
First time user? How to activate your VI-Hire account
1. First step, you need a temporary password
- Go to VI-Hire Login
- Click on Forgot Your Password?
- A new screen will open
- On the right side of screen, enter your Island Health email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- A temporary password will be sent to your Island Health email address along with the Login link
- Upon receipt of the email, make note of your temporary password (highlight and copy or write it down)
- Click on the link in the email to return to the VI-Hire Login page
2. Second step, creating your own password
- On the VI-Hire Login page, type in your Island Health email address
- Paste or type in your temporary password
- Click on Login
- A new Login screen appears with the following message:
Error: This is the first time you've logged into your account. Please choose a new password.
- Enter your temporary password in the Enter Old Password field
- Create and enter a new password. Do not use your Island Health Windows password. (See the sidebar "Account Security" for more information)
- Verify the new password by typing it in again
- Click on Submit
- ALWAYS login with your Island Health email address to ensure your seniority will be considered and to view and apply on internal postings
- Once you have a Island Health Employee Account and Profile, discontinue using your public account
About Employee Profiles
Basic profiles have been created for all Island Health employees. Information included is your work location/department, phone number, seniority etc. We encourage you to add a Preferred Contact Number such as a cell phone and attachments such as cover letters, resumes and certificates.
Accessing Employee Profiles and Internal Job Postings
- Log in to VI-Hire using your Island Health email address and VI-Hire password. Do not use your Island Health Windows password. (See the sidebar "Account Security" for more information)
- On Career Centre tab, click on My Profile
Changing Basic Profile Information
Employees cannot change the information in their profile. If there are errors or changes required please contact one of the following:
- HR Access at 250.519.7717 (Victoria only) or TOLL-FREE 1.888.296.3963
- Email: email@example.com