Here you will find information on caring for your baby’s hearing, vision, teeth, brain, and motor skills.
Ways you can keep your child healthy:
- Learn about infant feeding and nutrition.
- Regular check-ups with a doctor or public health nurse help ensure your child’s hearing and vision are developing properly.
- You can encourage your baby’s brain development and motor skills through play.
- From birth, a baby’s gums and teeth need care and cleaning.
- Make sure your baby gets prompt medical attention for serious illnesses.
Did you know?
British Columbia offers a 24-hour toll-free health information service. This help line is staffed by registered health professionals trained to provide medical advice over the phone. If you have concerns about your child's health, you can call to speak to a nurse about symptoms of illness, health concerns, recommended courses of action, when to see a health professional, and further health resources. Log on to www.healthlinkbc.ca to learn more about how HealthLink BC can help you.
24 hour toll-free health line: Simply dial 8-1-1 from anywhere in British Columbia