From birth, your baby’s teeth and gums need care to ensure healthy dental development.
There are many ways you can keep your baby’s gums and teeth healthy.
- Your baby’s gums should be wiped with a wet cloth every day.
- To avoid tooth decay, give your baby a bottle of water instead of sugary juice.
- Your baby’s first teeth help her to begin chewing solid foods, play a role in her learning to speak, and help her jaw develop.
- Though baby teeth are eventually replaced by adult teeth, they are still very important. Baby teeth should be brushed gently every day with a small amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- You should begin scheduling regular checkups with a dentist when your baby’s first teeth appear.