Child Centred · Women Focused · Family Oriented
HerWay Home provides non-judgmental health care and social supports for pregnant and parenting women who have a history of substance use and may also be affected by mental health issues, violence and trauma.
- Pregnancy and post-natal information
- Primary health care
- Drug and alcohol counselling
- Parenting support and advocacy
- Infant and child services (breastfeeding support, immunizations, development and dental hygiene)
- Support around current and past abuse and trauma
- Nutrition (meals provided at groups, nutrition information and prenatal vitamins)
- Information and advocacy around accessing housing, income assistance, legal advice, employment and training
- Outreach and accompaniments
- We work with women who are pregnant or whose babies are under 6 months old at time of intake
- Once connected, a woman can remain with the program until her youngest child reaches 3 years old
- There is no age limit for mothers to register
- Services are provided through groups at HerWay Home and through community outreach
Want to help?