Some common emotional changes include:
- a sense of unreality or denial
- sudden, unexpected mood swings from euphoria to tears
- heightened self-awareness and focus
- feelings of anxiety and doubt about becoming a parent
- excitement and impatience
- fear of labour
- nesting instincts as birth approaches
More information on emotional well-being.
Did you Know...
The hormonal changes of pregnancy can cause prenatal and/or post-partum depression in some women. If you are often overwhelmed by sadness or distress, your doctor, midwife, or public health nurse can help.