Register with the Right From The Start program
early in your pregnancy.
Island Health’s Right From The Start program provides valuable public health services to pregnant women, new mothers, babies, children and families.
Registration is easy!
- Registering Online is fast, easy and confidential.
- If you would prefer to complete a registration form manually, you can print the form yourself or pick one up from your doctor, midwife or any Island Health Public Health Unit.
- Fax your completed form to 1-855-544-2403 OR drop it off at any Island Health Public Health Unit.
- Your registration will be reviewed by a public health nurse who may call you to discuss what supports are right for you.
- All women who register will receive an information package that includes Baby’s Best Chance Parent Handbook.
Public Health Nurses can help you to:
Prenatal Services offer assessment and education to help pregnant women make healthy choices during pregnancy.
Postpartum Support focuses on the physical and emotional health of new mothers and their babies, especially infant feeding, well-being and care.
Breastfeeding Support offers telephone and/or clinic-based baby feeding assessments and breastfeeding support.
Family Health provides support and referrals for families who are in need.
Child Health Clinics & Immunization starting at two months of age.