As your toddler grows, you will need to change the type of car seat she uses. The Canada Safety Council recommends:
- Rear-facing Infant Seat: Birth to 10 kg (22 lb.)
- Forward-facing Child Seat: 10 - 18 kg (22 - 40 lb.)
- Booster Seat: 18 kg (40 lb.) or over
Visit an ICBC car seat safety clinic to ensure your child’s seat is properly installed.
Did you know?
- Four out of five children are not properly buckled up when they ride in vehicles.
- Car accidents are the number one cause of death for children between one and nine years old.
- About 75% of deaths and serious injuries that happen in car accidents would have been prevented by the correct use of a child restraint on every car trip.