In this section, you will find information on caring for your child from about five years old to the beginning of adolescence.
The development boom of the first five years of your child’s life slows and the school years follow a steady path of growing and learning.
There are many simple ways you can keep your children healthy, happy, and safe during their school years.
- Growing bodies need healthy foods.
- Active kids are healthy kids.
- Healthy connections to parents and family are the key to your child’s development in the school years.
- Teach your child how to stay safe.
- Get involved with your child's learning through the school or at home.
- Talk openly with your kids about growing up, puberty, and healthy sexuality.