- Provide your child with a healthy range of foods following recommendations in the Canada Health Guide.
- Teach and model healthy eating habits and a positive body image.
- Plenty of exercise is essential for healthy children. Give your child lots of opportunities for play, organized team and individual sports, and active living.
- Keep your child’s immunization up to date.
- Make regular visits to your family doctor, public health nurse, eye doctor, and dentist to help ensure your child’s hearing, vision, and teeth are developing properly.
- Get prompt medical attention if your child is suffering from a serious illness.
Did you know?
British Columbia offers a 24-hour toll-free health information line at 8-1-1. Registered health professionals trained to provide medical advice over the phone staff this help line. If you have concerns about your child's health, you can call to speak to a nurse about symptoms of illness, health concerns, recommended courses of action, when to see a health professional, and further health resources.
HealthLink BC: Visit the website or dial 8-1-1 from anywhere in BC for more information.
Did you know? Vaccines save lives and prevent disease. Learn how your child can be immunized and when.