You can encourage your child to live actively.
- Model active living in your own life.
- Find physical activities your child likes. Some children are into organized sports like basketball and hockey, while others prefer less structured activities like hiking and swimming.
- Increase your family’s active living. Take the kids and the dog for a walk. Walk to school or the grocery store, instead of driving or taking the bus.
- Limit the amount of time your child is allowed to watch TV, play video games, or use the computer.
- Go outside. The freedom of all that space inspires kids to move.
Did you know?
The L.I.F.E. Program provides a combination of annual credit and program savings to eligible low-income individuals and families to use towards recreational programs and services in all City recreational facilities and ten of our jointly operated centres.
The City and its partners are committed to ensuring that all its residents have access and choices in their leisure opportunities. Recreation contributes to one's mental and physical health and stimulates the development of healthier and stronger individuals and families.
Bring your completed application form to the Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre at 2275 Quadra Street, Victoria.
Please note: This is only available to City of Victoria citizens. Click here for more details, the application form and guidelines.