Child, Youth and Family Mental Health Resources

The following resources related to mental health and substance use are available to children, youth and families living in the Island Health region.

Support Resources

Orientation to Child, Youth and Family Mental Health and Substance Use Services - A Guide for Families in the Campbell River and Comox Valley Areas (.pdf)

Orientation to Child, Youth and Family Mental Health and Substance Use Services: A Guide for Families in the South Vancouver Island Area (.pdf)



Resources from across B.C. for youth and their families - FamilySmart.ca

Keeping Youth Connected, Healthy and Learning (.pdf)

Recognizing Resilience (.pdf)

Dealing with Psychosis toolkit (.pdf)


Child Youth and Family Mental Health

24-hour Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888

FamilySmart Society for Kids' Mental Health: 1-(855) 887-8004

Mental Health Contacts for Children and Youth - To discuss a referral or get more information, call intake at (250) 519-6720.

Drug, Alcohol and Concurrent Mental Health/Substance Use Services


Discovery Youth and Family Services: 250-519-5313

Victoria Youth Empowerment Society Specialized Youth Detox (SYD): 250-383-3514

Boys & Girls Club of Greater Victoria Youth Withdrawal Management Care Homes: 250-383-3514

Boys and Girls Club of Greater Victoria Youth Supportive Recovery Care Homes: 250-480-3050

Victoria Native Friendship Centre: 250-384-3211

Sooke Family Resource Society (SFRS): 250-642-5152

Salt Spring Island Community Services Youth and Family Addictions: 250-537-9971

Additional Programs and Services

VI Crisis Line Community Resource Database

Salt Spring Island Community Services Child and Youth Mental Health: 250-537-9971

Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI) Family Support Group: 250-384-4225

Free To Be Me!: 250-384-4225

Mary Manning Centre Child Abuse Prevention and Counselling: 250-385-6111

Pacific Centre Family Services Association Sexual Abuse Intervention Program: 250-478-8357

Victoria Native Friendship Centre: 250-384-3211

Victoria Youth Empowerment Society (VYES): 250-383-3514

Kiwanis Emergency Youth Shelter: 250-386-8282

The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre: 250-363-2640 or 1-800-353-3329

Learning Disabilities Association - South Vancouver Island: 250-370-9513

Community Living Victoria: 250-474-7231

Community Options for Children and Families Society: 250-380-6363

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for Life: 250-387-7056

Victoria Youth Clinic - Downtown Clinic: 250-383-3553  James Bay Clinic: 250-388-7841

Ministry of Children and Family Development Child and Youth Mental Health Services (CYMH)

CYMH Saanich Office: 201-4478 W. Saanich Road – 250-952-5073

CYMH Victoria: 302-2955 Jutland Road – 250-356-1123

CYMH West Shore: 2nd fl. 345 Wale Road – 250-391-2223

CYMH Aboriginal Child and Youth Mental Health: 250-952-4073

Eating Disorders Program for South Vancouver Island: 250-387-0000

High Risk Services/Project Alive for teens struggling with suicidal thoughts: 250-952-5073

Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services for youth who are in conflict with the law: 250-387-2830

Neighbourhood Houses

Offer parenting, child and youth programs, child care, counseling, assistance with housing, hot lunches, free clothing and bread, and teen drop-in programs.

  • Beacon Community Services in Sidney: (250) 655-5309
  • Blanshard Community Centre: (250) 388-7696
  • Burnside/Gorge Community Centre: (250) 388-5251
  • Fairfield Community Centre: (250) 382-4604
  • Fernwood Community Centre: (250) 381-1552
  • James Bay Community Centre: (250) 389-1470
  • Oaklands Community Centre: (250) 370-9101
  • Vic West Community Centre: (250) 388-6120
  • Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society: (250) 385-2635
  • Capital Families Association – West Shore: (250) 391-4320
  • Saaanich Neighbourhood Place: (250) 360-1148
  • Sooke Family Resource Society: (250) 642-5152

Adult Mental Health Services

Sometimes services need to continue into adulthood, which requires transition planning. Adult mental health services are similar to those provided for children and youth but are operated through regional health authorities. For more information, contact Mental Health and Addiction Services.