This service is for all children who are fed by tube. Children who are fed by tube require ongoing follow-up.
This service is only available to those living in the south island region. Children living in central and the north island are typically followed by a community Registered Dietitian and Registered Nurse.
Team may consist of:
- Registered Dietitian
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
Services provided may include:
- Nutritional assessment and consultation
- Nursing consultation
- Assessment and consultation for pre-feeding, feeding and mealtime success
- Education and training for community professionals and families
- Support with transitioning from tube feeding to oral intake