Feeling under the weather? If you have a cough, fever, flu symptoms, or are ill with diarrhea and/or vomiting, we ask that you do not visit friends or relatives until you are well. Thank you for helping stop the spread of germs to our staff and patients.
Please be aware: Several units at Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital have the same name because they are named for their floor and geographic designation (for example, 6 South). While we work on clarifying these names, make sure you know which hospital to visit.
- Two visitors per patient is generally considered appropriate.
- Be considerate of other patients by reminding visitors to keep noise to a minimum.
- If you have a cold, sore throat or contagious disease, do not visit patients in hospital.
- You may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Children under the age of 12 can visit when accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on hospital property. For details, see: Smoke-Free VIHA
- Avoid using perfume, scented hairspray, cologne and other scented products. We Share the Air (PDF)
- If bringing flowers, keep highly scented ones out of the bunch. We Share the Air (PDF)
- Please DO NOT bring animals with you. Read our Pet Policy (PDF)
- Cell phones may not be allowed in certain areas of the hospital. Please watch for posted signs.
By being considerate of our patients, you can help ensure a more restful and speedy recovery. Thank you!