Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health Assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
- Publicly Subsidized Units: 5
- Private-Pay Units: 5
Operated by Sea View Seniors Housing Society, this assisted living building is located in the growing Ucluelet community. It is a modern post-and-beam-styled building surrounded by gardens, patio areas and a walking path.
There is a bright and spacious vaulted ceiling and window wall in the common area, and the main floor includes a lounge and fireplace. Common area bathrooms available on the main floor. Public bathrooms are available on each floor. Bathing room located on the main floor. Washers and dryers available on either floor. Office and multipurpose room on main floor. There are two common rooms located on the second floor, a reading room and a lounge. Scooter storage outdoors. Parking available onsite.
Neighbourhood /Community Amenities
- Located .5 kms from the main street in a new residential area adjacent to the Wild Pacific Trail.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
- Multi-cultural and interdenominational.
Philosophy of Care
- The society was formed to secure and manage affordable housing for seniors in the community.
Type of Accommodation
- 10 one-bedroom suites, 5 per floor
- Full kitchen in suite
- Common design for each unit
- Elevator access to second floor
- Each suite has accessible bathroom with walk through closet to bedroom
- Suites are handicap and wheelchair accessible
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
- Can accommodate all equipment
Motorized Scooter Policy
- Scooter storage outside only
- Small pets permitted on approval of Board.
- Smoking permitted in designated outdoor areas only.
- The building’s main entrance is locked 24/7 with intercom security
- All exterior doors are locked
- Each suite has locking door
- Pendant-style wrist bracelet personal alarm system (Lifeline)
- 24-hour on-site emergency response provided, attendant is off-site for portions of the day or night
- Tenants must be 55+ years of age, clients under age 65 require approval
- Single or couples
Visitors must access tenants by using the intercom system at the front door. Hand sanitizer provided at the front door is to be used by visitors when entering. Guests who are ill should postpone their visit. Visitors pets must be obedient, friendly and well mannered and must be kept on a leash. Visitors must clean up after their pet.