Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health Assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
- Publicly Subsidized Units: 54
- Private-Pay Units: 0
This 54-unit assisted living residence built in 2007 has a main floor as well as three floors of apartments. The building is centrally located to shopping, bus routes and medical needs. There are two out door patio areas for the residents to enjoy.
The building has four floors with two elevators and is wheelchair accessible. There is also an outside entrance to a scooter garage. The building offers a hair salon, library, gardening area and various lounges throughout the building. Meals are served daily in our dining room with two seatings for lunch and dinner with a weekly meal plan for residence to fill out.
Neighbourhood /Community Amenities
Ironwood Place is centrally located and is on a bus route. Located across the street from a shopping mall and walking distance to medical clinic.
Philosophy of Care
Ironwood Place is dedicated to providing an assisted living atmosphere that represents quality and care for all who enters the doors.
Our residents will receive a level of service that recognizes their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our employees will be treated with respect and fairness and will have an understanding of what is expected of them combined with an opportunity to participate, llearn and develop.
The overall environment will be one that supports thought and innovation so that we can continue to grow through the development of services that represent value to our residents.
Our commitment is to create a sense of trust and confidence with our residents, employees and the community.
Type of Accommodation
- 52 one-bedroom suites with full kitchens
- 2 suites with two bedrooms
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom with walk-in shower and safety grab bars
- Storage room in each suite
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- Activity coordinator on site with monthly activity calendar
- Activities include: exercise class, BINGO, cards and outings for any activities residents are interested in attending
- Gardening club with green house that is resident focused
Motorized Scooter Policy
- Scooters are for outside use only with residents able to gain entry via Scooter garage door
- Non-smoking building with designated outside smoking area
- Pendant-style personal alarm system
- 24-hour security and emergency response
- Secured entrance evenings and nights
- Receptionist at desk during office hours
- Tenants must be 55+ years of age with exceptions considered individually
- Single or couple
Any Other Amenities
- In house weekly cleaning included with laundry service for sheets and towels
- On-site maintenance
- Monthly resident meeting with administration for any concerns or suggestions
- Personal care services provided by contracted Home Care agency
Home care available daily from 7 am -1 pm and 4 pm - 10 pm
All visitors must sign in at the front desk. Pets are not allowed in the building (residents or visiting). All residents are to notify admin if they have someone staying overnight in their suite. Visitors are to treat the residents and staff with respect. Visitors are to follow the guidelines that the resident has agreed to in the tenancy agreement.