Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health Assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
- Publicly Subsidized Units: 11
Seniors' strata development situated in View Royal. This building is nestled amongst large Arbutus trees, well-maintained gardens and walking paths giving privacy to the tenants who live there. The building has two wings with three floors on each wing. An elevator is located on each wing, as well as stairs for the more mobile senior. VIHA units are owned and operated by Nova Pacific Care Corporation.
A common room and community kitchen with stove and fridge is located on the first floor near the main entrance of the building. This spacious area is inviting to people, as it encourages socialization and is used for meals, activities and meetings. A library, craft room and woodworking shop are also available for tenants to use. Resident manager on site for nighttime security, activity coordination and meal service.
Type of Accommodation
- 900 sq. ft. one-bedroom plus den, two bathroom suites with shower and tub.
- Units are carpeted and have full kitchen, living room, dining room and private balcony.
- Washer and dryer in all suites.
- Lots of storage space for equipment (e.g. scooters).
- Fixed mounted safety devices (e.g. grab rails, door closing bars) will be installed by manager on request by VIHA staff.
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- Teas, arts and crafts, BBQ's, games nights, Bingo, other activities at request of owners/tenants.
- Arm Chair Exercises one day per week open to everyone in common room.
- Weekly transportation to local malls for shopping.
- Occasional special theme or seasonal meal events.
- Manual or Power wheelchair use throughout building.
Motorized Scooter Policy
- Scooter storage in suites.
- Small Pets are permitted as per the Strata By-laws. Please ask for details.
- Pendant-style personal alarm system.
- 24-hour on-site emergency response.
- Secured entrance into building.
- Tenants must be 55+ years of age.
- Single or couple (suites are particularly suited to couples due to large room size).
No specific expectations