Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health Assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
- Publicly Subsidized Units: 21
- Private-Pay Units: 0
- Low-rise four story apartment building constructed in 2008.
- Secured underground parking.
- Wood frame construction with sprinkler system installed.
- Dining room for residents also used as an activity space.
- Secured underground parking & security camera at front desk.
Neighbourhood /Community Amenities
- Two blocks to shops and services.
- Centrally located to Seniors New Horizons Activity Centre in the heart of James Bay
Philosophy of Care
To carry out the core principles of assisted living which ensure individuals choice, privacy, independence, dignity, and respect. Residents must be allowed to take risks and to manage their own lives in assisted living.
Type of Accommodation
- 21 - 1 bedroom units of 400 sq. ft.
- Parking space for scooters & wheelchairs outside each unit
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- Activity coordinator on staff to coordinate social & recreational opportunities.
- Bathrooms are equipped with grab bars, wheel-in showers & adequate turning radius for transfers.
- No pets permitted, however, small visiting pets are welcome.
- No Smoking permitted on the premises - smoke free environment.
- Secured entrance & underground parking
- Camera monitoring at front door of building
- Staffing from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- 24 hour monitored emergency call buttons through Prices Alarms
- Earthquake preparation training
- Regular fire drills
When visiting a family member or friend at Parry Place please ring their corresponding enterphone number that is listed at the front door. For general enquiries please ring the General Office number. All visitors are asked to sign in and out of the guest book located by the front door. There are two quest parking spots on the property at the front of the building. Please feel free to park in these spaces if they are available. There is also ample 1 hour parking on Parry Street. We are not able to offer guest suites for our out of town guests. Residents wishing to have a guest 'sleep over' in their suite must obtain written confirmation from the Site Coordinator. Small visiting pets are welcome at Parry Place. We are not able to accommodate pets on a permanent basis. Animals are not allowed in common areas when food is being served. Prior approval from the Site Coordinator is required before a pet can enter Parry Place. Parry Place is a smoke free environment. There is no smoking allowed in any of the common areas or in the individual suites.