Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health Assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 50
Private-Pay Units: 0
The Meadows is a four-storey, fifty unit Assisted Living building situated on an accessible piece of property close to all amenities the City of Duncan offers. Opening our doors in 2008 as part of the Cowichan Valley community we provide fifty single bedroom apartment style units all with their own balcony/patio.
The Meadows features many amenities and services such as spacious dining room on the main floor located next to a large common area where many activities and entertainment events are held.
As part of our hospitality package we offer the following:
- Two meals served daily; lunch and supper
- Once a week housekeeping service and laundering of flat linen and towels
- Recreational activities
- Common areas for gathering
- 24 hour emergency response
- Personal care assistance
Other features include:
- Common area lounge on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor with individual purposes such as: library, activity space for fitness class & crafts, and a meeting room
- Therapeutic spa supported by Home & Community Care staff
- Access to laundry rooms on each floor for personal laundry
- Hair salon
- Market place
Neighbourhood /Community Amenities
- Located in the heart of Duncan, close to restaurants
- Mall, pharmacy, grocery stores, and specialty shops are one to three blocks away
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
The Meadows at Sunridge Place is a non-denominational residential facility that embraces all cultures.
Philosophy of Care
Sunridge Place considers each tenant as unique. We strive to enhance and respect their dignity while promoting health and wellness.
Type of Accommodation
- 50 unfurnished units
- Each unit has a kitchen with stove/stove top, fridge and a large spacious bathroom with walk in shower
- Each unit has its own balcony/patio
- All units have a large storage closet located within the unit
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
The choices of activities are limitless because tenants have input on what will happen in their home. Surrounded in a beautiful setting, The Meadows is designed to meet our tenants activity needs. A few activities include: guest speakers, talented musicians, church services, bingo, Wii Sports, shuffle board, and scheduled outings. All programs are included in the Assisted Living rate; however an exception would be for attendance to a specified recreation program (i.e. lunch outing, country drive, shopping trip) where a minimal fee may be required.
- Ground level entry with two elevators accessing all levels
- The building and units are secured. Tenants and primary contacts (with permission) may receive access card(s) to enter the building. Units are keyed separately
- Unit bathroom designed with large walk in shower, higher toilet, and safety grab bars through out to promote independence
Motorized Scooter Policy
- Use of scooters is not permitted in the building
- Designated scooter parking is limited and a waitlist is in effect
- Tenants must speak to Operator for further inquiry
Pet friendly per prior Operator approval. Some restrictions may apply.
Non smoking. In order to maintain a clean, smoke free and safe environment for tenants and staff, there will be no smoking in the building or premises. This includes all units, balconies, and common property.
The Meadows has a fire alarm system which consists of smoke detectors, strobe lights, emergency intercom paging system, and alarms. The system is monitored 24 hours a day–seven days a week. To ensure quality assurance regular fire drills are performed.
In the event of a power outage, The Meadows has a generator which provides power to the main corridors of the building.
Any Other Amenities
Sunridge is a secure facility close to shopping and the city centre.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) and Influenza Protection Policy (PDF).