Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
- Publicly Subsidized Units: 50
- Private-Pay Units: 0
- Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum is a four storey building with Aboriginal design and decor. The landscaping design creates a wonderful outdoor environment.
- Dining Room and Private Dining Room
- Craft Room
- Outdoor gathering place
- Laundry on each floor
- Theatre Room and Lounge
- Safety features and emergency response
- Assisted Bathing Room
- Hair/Podiatry Room
Neighbourhood /Community Amenities
- Close proximity to shopping, pharmacy and services near the downtown area.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
- Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum Assisted Living is designed and operated in a manner which celebrates and incorporates Aboriginal Culture.
Philosophy of Care
- Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum is designed to extend independence in a healthy and safe way. Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum will provide culturally responsible supports to Elders with on-site professionals and Aboriginal culturally orientated qualified staff to provide many services and personal care supports. With 50 self-contained apartment styled units for Elders and persons with disabilities we provide a home for helping each other.
Type of Accommodation
- There are 50 units (46 one bedroom and 4 two bedroom units).
- Each unit has a kitchen with fridge and stove.
- There is additional storage in each unit.
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers: 1) monthly rental accommodation; 2) hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.; 3) personal care; and 4) on-site emergency response system. Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- An ongoing calendar of recreation events will be provided at Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum.
- Crafts, Bingo, Music, Art, Fitness and Entertainment are some of the regular events that will be provided.
- The outdoor space as well as special interior spaces will be used to provide meaningful events.
Ground level entry with elevators to all levels.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Allowed in the building and suites but not the Dining Room.
Outdoor designated spaces only.
24 hour staffing, with security cameras throughout the interior and exterior of the building.
No specific expectations