Access to subsidized licensed dementia housing is coordinated by Health Authority staff. For more information please contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized residential care. For information on private residential care, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 14
Private-Pay Units: 0
Brentwood House is a Licensed Dementia Housing site, owned and operated by Beacon Community Services. It is an attractive home style two storey building with resident rooms on both floors and an elevator between floors. Brentwood House has a secure environment for those who require 24/7 supervision. The grounds include a door to door paved walkway and 2 sitting areas.
Brentwood House has a Great room combining kitchen, living and dining on the main floor and a smaller activity area upstairs. Both common areas have cozy gas fireplaces and are bright with large windows. There is onsite laundry.
Brentwood House is located in Brentwood Bay. The village centre, with banks, restaurants, shopping and pharmacies is just ½ kilometre away. Victoria Regional transit system buses stop right outside the door.
Beacon Community Services accredited 2009-2012. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services health care organizations provide to their patients and clients, based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada. For more information, visit here: http://www.accreditation.ca/en/default.aspx.
Philosophy of Care
- are respected for who they are and have been.
- live in a reassuring and familiar home environment.
- have access to staff who understand their behaviour is an expression of need.
- live in a dynamic setting where continual assessment and innovation drive staff’s actions and approach.
- personal choices and preferences are know by staff and influence daily activities.
- live in a climate which creates opportunities to maintain and develop relationships.
- experience opportunities to use their remaining abilities, and are encouraged to maintain their cognitive and physical functions for as long as possible.
- are empowered to make informed choices and exercise control over their lives.
- experience staff who seek opportunities daily, to express caring and facilitate joy.
Is Accommodation Private or Shared?
Type of Accommodation
Each unit is a bedroom with ensuite bathroom and single closet. Bathrooms have toilet, sink and walk-in shower. The rooms are bright with large windows. All furnishings must be provided by the resident.
Residents pay up to 80% of their after-tax income which covers the cost of food and accommodation.