Access to subsidized residential care is coordinated by Health Authority staff. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized residential care. For information on private residential care, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 73
Private-Pay Units: 0
Built in 1982 and located on Mills Road in Sidney, BC. Three story building with private accommodations for seventy three residents on second and third floors.
The building features many amenities and services including lounges, activities room, hair salon, and outdoor courtyard gardens and a fish pond.
Rest Haven Lodge is located in Sidney. The library is one block from the Lodge. The Town of Sidney has many shops and services. The Lodge is about six blocks from the main commercial area of Sidney.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
The Lodge is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. All services are provided in the English language.
Not currently accredited.
Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services health care organizations provide to their patients and clients, based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada. For more information, visit here: http://www.accreditation.ca/en/default.aspx.
Philosophy of Care
The philosophy of Rest Haven Lodge is in accord with the philosophy and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
We believe that:
- Rest Haven Lodge exists for the primary purpose of rendering the best possible care to all of its residents, their families and the community regardless of race, colour, creed, or socioeconomic status by relieving suffering and creating a supportive atmosphere where the residents can maximize their potential or experience a peaceful death.
- the core values of Compassion, Respect, Dignity, Fairness, Justice, Competence, Responsibility, Accountability, and Hope as exemplified by the ministry of Jesus, in the Bible, become the guiding principles of all who are involved with Rest Haven Lodge.
- each human being is unique.
- each resident has a right to independence for as long as possible.
- each resident has a right to privacy, confidentiality, safety and security.
- by providing for spiritual care through the pastoral services of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and other faiths, an individual is given the opportunity to exercise their rights to pursue the religious faith of their choice.
- a resident’s optimum level of wellness (physical, mental, social and spiritual) and personal independence will be maximised when the health care team encourages and collaborates with the resident, the family, or responsible party, in the care planning process.
- the delivery of competent, ethical, comprehensive, high-level resident care is best delivered by a multidisciplinary team.
- the resident's family and the staff function as resident advocates.
- family, friends and volunteers are valued for their contributions towards enhancing the quality of life for our residents.
- an atmosphere which respects freedom of expression, encourages individual effort and achievement, and promotes co-operation between members of staff, residents and their families must exist for the good of all.
- service to the community involves being fiscally responsible, being sensitive to environmental matters and working collaboratively with all components of the health care system in British Columbia.
Is Accommodation Private or Shared?
Private with both private or shared bathroom facilities
Type of Accommodation
73 private rooms which accommodate a standard hospital bed, a desk and a night table. Residents can bring a television, telephone and a recliner style chair. The facility has twenty-four (24) rooms with ceiling lifts.
Residents pay up to 80% of their after-tax income which covers the cost of food and accommodation.
Special Recreational Opportunities
Music therapy program, daily exercise program, knitting club, art classes, special themed resident dinners monthly, entertainment programs, wheelchair accessible bus for weekly trips to various events in the community.
Ground level entrance for wheel chairs, elevators to second and third floors.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Motorized scooters are not permitted.
Pets are welcome when accompanied by a visitor for short visits. Rest Haven Lodge does not accommodate residency for pets.
No Smoking on the premises or in the facility for residents, visitors and staff.
Exit from the facility requires a code to be entered through a keypad. The property is fenced and gated including a separate courtyard. Surveillance cameras are in place to monitor the entire building. The building is alarmed and monitored for fire and other emergencies.
Rest Haven Lodge does not permit smoking on the premises. This policy is applied to residents, staff and visitors.