Access to subsidized housing is coordinated by Island Health staff. For more information please contact the Home Health Office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized residential care. For information on private residential care, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 16
Private-Pay Units: 0
Sluggett House is owned and operated by Beacon Community Services. It is a single level building with a secure garden, walkway and 2 patios. Sluggett House provides a secure environment for those who require 24/7 supervision.
Sluggett House has two main common areas. A shared combination kitchen/ dining/ living room, and a smaller fireside lounge. In addition, there is an on-site spa room outfitted with a soaker tub and hairdressers sink.
Sluggett House is located in a residential neighbourhood in Brentwood Bay, BC. The village centre with banks, restaurants, shopping and pharmacies, is less than a 5 minute walk away.
Philosophy of Care
- are respected for who they are and have been.
- live in a reassuring and familiar home environment.
- have access to staff who understand their behaviour is an expression of need.
- live in a dynamic setting where continual assessment and innovation drive staff’s actions and approach.
- personal choices and preferences are know by staff and influence daily activities.
- live in a climate which creates opportunities to maintain and develop relationships.
- experience opportunities to use their remaining abilities, and are encouraged to maintain their cognitive and physical functions for as long as possible.
- are empowered to make informed choices and exercise control over their lives.
- experience staff who seek opportunities daily, to express caring and facilitate joy.
Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services health care organizations provide to their patients and clients, based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada. For more information, visit here: http://www.accreditation.ca.
Type of Accommodation
Private rooms. Each unit is a bed/sitting room with an accessible ensuite bathroom. The rooms have a large window, and a single closet. The bathroom is equipped with grab bars to assist with toilet and shower transfers, and a step-in shower module. All furnishings must be provided by the resident.
Residents pay up to 80% of their after-tax income which covers the cost of food and accommodation.