489 Alberni Hwy
Parksville, BC V9P 1J9
- Medical conditions appropriately treated in Urgent Care (pdf)
- Hours: 7:30 am to 9:30 pm, 7 days per week, 365 days per year
- Immediate assessment and treatment for conditions that require same-day treatment
- Assessment and stabilization for transfer to hospital, if needed
- The Centre will be able to care for approximately 75% of patients who might typically visit an Emergency Department and not need to be admitted.
- Services will be open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- An appointment can be made by phone or in person
- New patients are welcome, with preference given to people who currently do not have a family doctor - Enrolment Form (.pdf)
- Patients of the Oceanside Health Centre’s Primary Care practice can get a same-day appointment by calling before 2:30 pm
- Primary Care services are linked to all other programs at the Oceanside Health Centre, to ensure patient care and follow-up is coordinated
- Open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, and on-call during Urgent Care hours.
- Open walk in 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday/Sunday *Closed 1:00 - 2:00 pm for lunch
- A physician requisition is needed for all diagnostic tests. At this time, X-ray services are provided on a walk-in basis first come, first serve with the exception of patients arriving from Urgent Care or by ambulance from care facilities.
- Services provided include X-ray exams, ultrasound, diagnostic mammography, bone densitometry. Medical Imaging Changes
- Phone: 250-951-9570
Outpatient Laboratory Services
- Open Monday to Friday 7:15 am to 5:30 pm and Saturdays 7:15 am to 3:00 pm.
- Operated by Life Labs
- Phone: 1-800-431-7206
Integrated Community Care Teams
- Integrated community based teams work 8 hours, 5 days per week, with evening service to 9:00 pm for home care nursing and home support.
- Care team providers deliver services in people’s homes, in group settings and in office settings.
- Open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and for after hour emergencies.
- Services to promote and safeguard public health, including protection from environmental and other health hazards.
Medical Day Care (Support Clinic)
- Open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week. An appointment is required and can be scheduled by phone or in person.
- Medical Day Care provides scheduled day procedures.