Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people affected by or at risk of developing alcohol and other drug-related issues. The common goal of all our programs is to provide information, support and counselling to enable people to make positive lifestyle decisions. We respect, value and encourage your participation.
This team provides information, education, support and treatment for people affected by or at risk of developing alcohol and/or other drug related difficulties.
Adult Addiction Services
249 W. Hirst Ave. PO Box 1949
Parksville, BC V9P 2H7
- Services are available to adults with addiction related issues.
- We have an open referral process. Members of the public, community agencies or physicians can access services in person, by phone or by fax to arrange an initial appointment.
- Contact Addictions Services for intake
- Orientation is provided to our services individually or in groups.
- An individualized assessment helps you explore and identify personal needs and goals.
- Referral to other Addiction Services programs (i.e. inpatient withdrawal services) and other community services are provided as appropriate.
- Outpatient withdrawal services are provided with the support of Crisis Response Nursing, the Alcohol & Drug Nurse and community physicians.
- Counselling - After assessment, a personal treatment plan is developed for each person in collaboration with the individual and appropriate family members. The plan may include opportunities to work together with a counsellor to learn new skills such as communication skills, conflict resolution skills and problem-solving skills for dealing with alcohol and drug misuse issues.
- Prevention Services – Promotes community development initiatives, and provides information and education.
Back to Top