Call or arrive at the Crisis Counselling Clinic. No Appointment Necessary.
203-2000 Island Highway N.
Nanaimo, BC V9S 5W3
Screening and Referral Services
- Access/Crisis Services provides general intake for all Adult Mental Health and Addiction Services for the Nanaimo area as well as crisis response. Close integration with Child and Youth Mental Health Services and Youth Alcohol and Drug Services (Discovery).
Crisis and Emergency Services
- Crisis Response Provides emergency crisis response. To contact the Crisis Response Team call the 24-Hour Vancouver Island Crisis Line 1.888.494.3888. The hours of the Crisis Response Team are 8:00 am - 9:30 pm.
Acute and Short-Term Services
Acute Inpatient Care
Urgent and Short Term Treatment
- Withdrawal Management can be provided at Clearview Detox. Referral is through the Crisis or Intake Team by your family doctor, or by walking into the Crisis Counselling Clinic at Brooks Landing 203-2000 Island Highway. The Clearview Detox contact number is 250-739-5891.
Ongoing Illness Management, Support and Recovery Services
Assertive Community Treatment
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) provides rehab support for adults with complex recovery needs ranging from checmial dependency or serious mental illness or co-occuring disorders, and significant impairment in functioning.
- Community Support Team (CST) provides outreach case management services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Intensive Case Management Program provides case management services to adults with complex recovery needs related to co-occurring serious mental illness and serious chemical dependency.
Developmental Disability Mental Health Team
Psychiatric Outpatient Services
Residential, Housing and Supported Living Services
Seniors' Mental Health and Addiction services in the Nanaimo area include the following:
Visit the Seniors' Health web pages for more information.