Clearview Detox is a free of charge community residential facility providing treatment for acute medical withdrawal. The 12 bed medically supported facility serves the following regions; Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Parksville, Courtenay/Comox, Port Alberni, Campbell River and Tofino/Ucluelet.
967 Haliburton Street
(corner of Haliburton & Highview terrace; Entrance off of Highview Terrace)
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 6N5
Referrals can be made by:
- Substance use counselor
- Family Physician
- Walk in clinic Physician
- Crisis nurse
- Aboriginal counselor
- Mental health nurse
Once Clearview Detox receives a referral, you will be placed on the wait list and contacted once a bed becomes available.
Admissions are booked by medical priority. Individuals are advised to call daily to check on their admission date. Those from out of town can check in with their referral agenda for admission details. Individuals referred to Clearview Detox must be able to move about independently and manage their own basic self-care.
Below is a list of phone numbers to call for each region in Island Health Mental Health and Substance Use Services that provide referrals to Clearview.
- Cowichan Valley Substance Use Services: 250-737-2007
- Nanaimo Brooks Landing Access Services: 250-739-5710
walk in services available Mon-Fri 10:00–6:00pm
- Oceanside Health Centre: 250-951-9550
- Courtenay/Comox St Joseph Hospital Substance Use Intervention Team: 250-339-1573
- Port Alberni: 250-731-1311
- Campbell River Hospital Crisis Nurse: 250-850-2620
Tofino/Uclulet Substance Use Team: 250-726-1282
- 24 hour a day acute, inpatient withdrawal management form a medical team with an average length of stay being 7 to 8 days
- daily programming that may include AA/NA meetings, psychosocial groups, meetings and acupuncture
- support for persons in early stages of recovery to address physical, social and spiritual needs.
- referrals to community resources.
Clearview Detox welcomes people with mental and physical health challenges regardless of race, religion, culture, or sexual orientation. We strive to provide exceptional care and treat all individuals with dignity, compassion and respect.