A 24-bed psychiatric unit in Nanaimo Regional General Hospital provides acute inpatient assessment and treatment services.
Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
1200 Dufferin Crescent
Nanaimo, BC V9S 2B7
Phone: 250.755.7691 ext. 52081
Inpatient services are accessed through your family doctor, psychiatrist or through emergency.
- Adolescents, adults and seniors
- Individuals experiencing mental illness, eating disorders, head injuries, mental handicaps, age-related behaviour changes as well as forensic patients.
- Stabilization of acutely ill patients and linkage to community mental health and addiction services for follow up, continued treatment and recovery.
- Pre-care when possible prior to a patient's admission
- Comprehensive assessment including psychiatric, psychosocial, occupational therapy and nursing information.
- Personalized care plans designed by the treatment team in collaboration with the individual and, when appropriate, family members.
- Treatment based on the individual's care plan.
- Follow-up support as outlined in the discharge planning.
- Activity schedules are personalized to the unique needs of each patient depending on staffing and patient acuity.