Welcome to VIHA’s Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Services for Mt. Waddington including Port McNeill, Port Hardy, Port Alice, Alert Bay, Zeballos, smaller surrounding communities and the adjacent area of the mainland.
More about our services
Port Hardy Mental Health and Substance Use Services
7070 Shorncliffe Avenue
Port Hardy, BC
Port McNeill Mental Health and Substance Use Services
2750 Kingcome Place
Port McNeill, BC
Services are free of charge.
Services are available to any Mt. Waddington area resident aged 19 years or over who has a severe and persistent mental illness, an addiction or is in acute emotional distress.
We have an open referral process. Members of the public, community agencies or physicians can access services in person, by phone or by fax.
- 24 Hour Crisis Line at 1.888.494.3888 or 250.949.6033
- Assessment and referral to local or regional services as appropriate
- Acute inpatient care and detox
- Outpatient stabilization beds
- Psychiatric consultations from visiting psychiatrists
- Case management
- Outreach services to surrounding communities
- Group therapy providing a range of education, illness management and support tailored to the specific needs of individuals currently receiving services