Access and Crisis/Emergency Services

If you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else you should call 911 or go to the hospital emergency department right away.

Non-emergency Mental Health and Substance Use Services

Access to non-emergency mental health and substance use programs is initiated by a physician completing and faxing a MHSU Referral Form (family doctor or walk-in clinic). Contact our CARES Clinic - Centralized Access and Rapid Engagement Service at 250-519-3485 to learn more about the services available.


Integrated Mobile Crisis Response Team

The Integrated Mobile Crisis Response Team (IMCRT) is available for individuals and families who are experiencing immediate concerns related to mental health and substance use issues.

The team is available every day of the year from one p.m. until midnight and can be reached through the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1.888.494.3888.     


Psychiatric Emergency Services

Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) are provided at the Archie Courtnall Centre. Access to these services is through the main Emergency Department at the Royal Jubilee Hospital. These services are for emergency and crisis intervention.

If you are in a situation that involves immediate risk of harm to self or others, please call 911.