Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a mental health program that focuses on individual clients and their recovery. The program facilitates community living, psychosocial rehabilitation, and recovery for persons who have the most serious mental illnesses.
- ACT serves clients with serious mental illnesses that are complex and who have very significant functional impairments.
- ACT services are delivered by a group of mental health staff from a variety of disciplines, who work as a team and provide the majority of treatment services.
- ACT services are individually tailored to the needs of each client.
- ACT teams are mobile and deliver services in the community.
ACT and Outreach Team Information Line: 250.882.9420
For team specific information please call the following:
Downtown ACT Team
Pandora ACT Team
Victoria Integrated Community Outreach Team VICOT
Seven Oaks ACT Team
- Referrals are done internally through the Pathways system, or directly from the community.
- Specific information on the referral process is available through the ACT and Outreach Information Line at 250-882-9420.
- Service coordination
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Psychiatric/Psychological treatment and supports
- Psychiatric medication: prescription and management
- Services/supports for concurrent substance use disorder
- Work-related services
- Activities of daily living
- Social/interpersonal relationship and leisure-time skill training
- Peer support services
- Support services
- Family-centred services