The three-unit inpatient service provides acute inpatient assessment and treatment services at the Eric Martin Pavilion, Royal Jubilee Hospital.
Patient Care Centre - Royal Jubilee Hospital
1952 Bay Street
Victoria, BC V8R 1J8
Access to the inpatient units is by family physician, psychiatrist, or through Emergency Services.
- Psychiatric Intensive Care (PIC) provides short-term intensive psychiatric care to patients with both mental health and addiction disorders in a secure environment.
- The other inpatient units provide stabilization of acute psychiatric symptoms in a safe environment.
- Units are served by multi-disciplinary teams including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, pharmacists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, recreation therapists, and other allied health professionals.
- Acute inpatient services works closely with Psychiatric Emergency Services, Victoria Mental Health, the Psychiatric Day Hospital and liaises with other relevant programs and services.
- Mental health and addiction standardized assessments.
- Customized patient care/treatment plans.
- Safety monitoring.
- Physical health assessment and treatment (including IV medication administration, basic wound care and other medical treatment/procedures).
- Medication administration, efficacy assessment and monitoring.
- Diagnostic, medical imaging and laboratory services.
- Early psychosis screening, assessment and treatment (EPI).
- Electroconvulsive therapy.
- Mental health, addiction, and physical health education.
- Nutritional counseling.
- Activities and therapeutic group programs (supplemented by the Day Hospital)
- Activities of daily living assessments.
- Psychological testing.
- Financial service/support referrals.
- Referral/access to both MHAS and non-MHAS community and residential services.
- Liaison with family physicians and other health professionals in the community.
- Eating disorder: supportive eating program (3B only).
Back to Top