In the province of British Columbia there is legislation to protect children receiving care in licensed community care facilities. This legislation is the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and Child Care Licensing Regulation. Individuals providing care to more than two children, not related to them, are required to be licensed.
Care is defined as supervision that is provided to a child through a prescribed program.
· Group Child Care (under 36 months)
· Group Child Care (30 months to school age)
· Preschool (30 months to school age)
· Group Child Care (School Age)
· Family Child Care
· Multi Age Child Care
· In Home Multi Age Child Care
· Occasional Child Care
Licensing Officers inspect, license and monitor over 1000 licensed child care facilities in Island Health.
· Inspection Reports
· Filing a Complaint
· Contact your Local Licensing Office