If care cannot be accommodated in the home environment, or a client does not desire a home death, Island Health and our partners offer care in Community Hospice beds nested in a residential care facility, or an in-patient Palliative Care Units at the following locations:
In South Island, Island Health offers three in-patient palliative care units:
- 17-bed unit at the Royal Jubilee Hospital site operated by the Victoria Hospice
- 10-bed unit at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital
- NEW - Hospice at Ayre Manor, Sooke - two Community Hospice Beds
In Central Island, in-patient palliative care is provided within:
- 12-bed palliative care unit at Nanaimo Regional Hospital
- Chemainus Health Care Centre - one Hospice Bed
- Lodge on 4th, Ladysmith - two Hospice Beds
- Hospice at Trillium Lodge, Parksville - five Hospice Beds – View guided video tour.
- Ty Watson House, Port Alberni - four Hospice Beds
- Hospice at the Views, Comox - four Hospice Beds – View guided video
- NEW - Hospice at Yucalta Lodge, Campbell River - four Hospice Beds
For information about admission to palliative care units, please go to Access.