This computer with internet access is provided for the convenience of family members to allow you to:
- share information and progress updates with family members and friends of a patient, and
- search the internet for health information.
If you have health-related questions about a loved one in care with us, please share these questions with the health care team who can guide you to the best places to find reliable and factual information.
This computer cannot access any patient health record information or other Island Health clinical care programs.
Email and Communications Tools
We welcome your feedback about our care services. If you wish to share a compliment or concern, let us know.
- There is no ability to print from this computer.
- There is no ability to save files to a hard drive, local area network or USB at this time.
- Web browsing history, internet search history and any usernames or passwords that are entered while using this computer will be deleted upon logging off.
- Be respectful of those waiting to use the computer. A time limit of ten minutes per user is in effect if others are waiting to use the computer.
- Island Health reserves the right to block access to the service for any user, and to block access to websites, file types, services and protocols it deems inappropriate.
- From time to time, Island Health may temporarily suspend or restrict the Internet services to carry out maintenance and development work.