Enhanced Medical Staff Support (EMSS) in Medical Affairs supports medical leaders dealing with physicians and other medical staff whose performance or behaviour in the work environment raises professional concerns or challenges.
Roles of EMSS
Support for Medical Leaders
EMSS Supports and helps to resolve professional issues as they arise, and works proactively to enhance the capacity and ability of medical and other leaders across the organization to understand, manage and resolve these problems. EMSS is currently developing the following services:
- Teaching and coaching for medical leaders across the island.
- Directly supporting leaders or Local Medical Advisory Committees (LMACs) dealing with EMSS issues.
- The Toolkit (pdf) for Managing Medical Staff Issues
EMSS is Quality Improvement for administrative processes including:
- Managing timelines of difficult and often long-running issues.
- Documenting of cases and issues.
- Secure storage of documents.
The EMSS service is currently unique to Island Health.