Respectful Conduct in the Workplace
People who work for VIHA are responsible for conducting themselves in a respectful manner in the workplace and at work-related gatherings. VIHA is committed to ensuring that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect, free from discrimination and harassment and supported in managing workplace differences.
Purpose and Goal of the Respectful Workplace
To promote the creation of healthy, harmonious work environments by fostering cultures of respect and trust.
A Respectful Workplace is characterized by:
- Polite Behaviour - courteous and considerate behaviour toward others;
- Inclusion - of people with different backgrounds, cultures, strengths and opinions;
- Freedom - from disrespectful, discriminating, bullying and harassing behaviour;
- Constructive Management of Differences - differences are understood to be a fact of life and are managed through dispute resolution processes; and
- Support - individuals are supported to learn and practice dispute resolution and respectful workplace skills.
Failure to maintain respectful conduct will lead to discipline up to and including termination of employment, revocation of admitting privileges and/or cancellation of contract.