Teamwork and Leadership
When: November 24, 2017 (8:30 am - 10:00 am)
Where: Royal Jubilee Hospital Patient Care Centre Room S169 and via webinar
This workshop focuses on how Island Health leaders take evidence or best practice, generate new evidence, and put it into motion to improve outcomes for patients, providers, and the health system. Its aims are:
- To share national and provincial evidence/best practice that led two Island Health leaders to take action to improve cancer care and transitions for seniors across the continuum of care.
- To understand how and why Island Health leaders take the local environment and context into account when moving evidence into practice.
- To appreciate how and what two leaders and their teams did to respond to evidence; how it improved the client journey or outcomes for providers/health care system; and how improvement is being measured.
- To discuss possible next steps for research/quality, safety and improvement, and practice collaborations.
- Mark Blandford, Clinical Director, Victoria General Hospital
- Sarah Crawford-Bohl, Acting Director, RJH Clinical Operations and Kimberley Vaulkhard, Manager, Clinical Services and Regional Nursing Lead, BC Cancer Agency
- Marko Peljhan, Interim Executive Director, Geography 4 (facilitated Q&A)
- Community and hospital leaders; community and hospital care-providers and clinicians; researchers; students; anyone interested!