From “As Needed” to “Always Considered”
When: November 28, 2017 (11:00 am - 1:00 pm)
Where: Royal Jubilee Hospital Patient Care Centre Room S150 and via webinar
This workshop will introduce and explore a new screening tool (ARECCI) and process used in Island Health to support ethical and organizational oversight in QI projects. Participants will:
Understand the importance of ethical consideration in QI
Learn about the new QI ethics process in Island Health and trial the ARECCI tool (QI ethics screening tool)
Understand the underlying principles of the screening tool
Identify strategies to mitigate high risk areas of QI
- Don Flaming, PhD; Manager, ARECCI, Alberta Innovates
- Terri Fleming, Manager, Research Compliance and Ethics
- Crystal White, Co-Chair, Human Research Ethics Board, and Quality Patient Safety Consultant, Quality & Safety
- Jaclyn Morrison, Consultant, Quality & Patient Safety
- Dr. Tanya Marciniuk, "Sexual Health Counselling in Pediatric Inpatients"
- Dr. Jaron Easterbrook, "ED Referrals to Primary Care"
- Staff and physicians who have or are interested in conducting a QI project
- Island Health leaders who provide organizational oversight to QI projects
- Students and learners interested in QI and ethics.
- This webinar will be hosted using WebEx, and is open to anyone interested.
- A maximum of 50 participants can join the meeting.
- Audio is available ONLY through a phone line, NOT through your computer.
Recording and Slides: