VIHA's Research and Capacity Building department provides support of all types to VIHA staff, researchers, members of the community/general public, students and academics who are engaged in facilitating research or interested in fostering connections with research collaborators at VIHA and on Vancouver Island.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Videoconference host site: NRGH 2050
Auto start (channel A): RJH PCC Teaching Room *C801
08:00 to 09:00
Dr. Jeff Brubacher, Director, Vancouver General Hospital, Emergency Medicine Research Program
Dr. Ben Ho, Emergency Department physician, Nanaimo General Hospital
The session will:
- Examine the research methods utilized to determine whether injured drivers who used cannabis before a motor vehicle accident are more likely to have caused the crash than those who did not.
- Explore how the findings can translate into knowledge about real world driving ability and crash risk.
- Ascertain the potential of this study to protect public health and to inform a national drug driving safety policy.
* Videoconference links booked (auto start channel A) and available in:
- Ladysmith Lower Confernce Room
- Comox SJGH Conference Room B
Please contact Lynn.Cummings@viha.ca for more information.
Click here to view the latest Canadian Institutes of Health Reserach grants and awards avaialble.
Michael Smith Foundation
Click here to see the latest Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research funding opportunities.