Island Health conducts and supports a wide range of research that:
- creates new knowledge to improve health and care in our communities;
- discovers the most effective ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases through clinical trials;
- engages people by working together to ensure that the right patient receives the right treatment at the right time; and
- applies research evidence to improve health services, support policy-making, and strengthen the healthcare system.
To ensure we're meeting the needs of the communities we serve, we focus on research in:
- Seniors Health
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Aboriginal Health
Learn about the difference research makes to health and care (video).