Westhaven Multi Level Care opened in 2001 and is a 32-bed complex care facility located in close proximity to the West Coast General Hospital. Westhaven also has a 4-bed Transitional Care Unit, where there is more emphasis on activation, rehabilitation and an eventual return home to the community.
For more information and general inquiries about Westhaven, visit the Central Island Facility page.
Westhaven Multilevel Care facility is located adjacent to the West Coast General Hospital in Port Alberni. This complex care facility has a very full activity program for the 28 residents and 4 transitional care clients that reside there. The social and recreational program includes monthly theme days, a growing Horticulture Therapy program, a variety of morning activity programs, afternoon social and entertainment events, and regular bus outings to the community. The program is supported by the involvement of many community volunteers and groups.
The “Friends of Westhaven Society” was formed in 2006 with the goal to provide additional service and fundraising activities to support the residents and staff of the facility. They have embarked on an ambitious campaign to provide the money to develop a community partnership garden with greenhouse and raised garden beds.
Please see How to Become a Volunteer and Frequently Asked Questions.
Current Openings for volunteers:
- Activity program helpers to assist with the many social, recreational and special events
- Gardeners – 5-6 volunteer gardeners needed. Times are flexible and seasonal. As our garden expands more volunteer support will be needed for care, maintenance and gardening projects and gardening activities with residents.
- Friends of Westhaven Society members – Volunteers with board experience are urgently needed, as well as members to support the various programs and services of this charitable organization.
- Friendly visitors – Volunteers of all ages, looking for one on one social contact with residents are always welcome.
- Gift Shop Help - Days and times are flexible.
- Janie Finerty, Manager, Volunteer Resources
Phone (250) 724-8857 (Port Alberni Office)
- Fax (250) 947-8234 (Trilium Lodge)
- Mailing Address
- Westhaven Multilevel Care
- 3949 Port Alberni Highway,
Port Alberni, BC
Back to Top